The Washington, DC office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a BIM Technologist to join our team. SmithGroupJJR project teams create BIM models as an integral part of the project delivery process. The BIM Technologist will provide practitioners and local office BIM application experts with mentoring in the use of BIM authoring technologies. Areas of focus will include direct user, project team and enterprise level support.
Working with us, you will
- Provide practitioners and local office BIM application experts with mentoring in the use of BIM authoring technologies
- Focus on Direct User Support: Provide training to new and existing staff
- Focus on Project Team Support: Mentor staff in BIM project initialization activities, creation of BIM execution plans, project support activities, and BIM stabilization skills; contract review for BIM terms and conditions; occasional direct participation in complex project startup; facilitate and/or accomplish BIM health checks; recognize and diagnose model problems
- Focus on Enterprise Support: SmithGroupJJR has offices across the country. This role is a member of our BIM Advanced Support team and will assist in developing firm-wide standards, content and workflow development, training collateral and our BIM strategy. This includes the research, testing and deployment of related software and hardware. You will be a key member in facilitating development of new tools for our discipline and practices groups.
- Seven or more years of experience in the field of Architecture with previous experience in a BIM leadership role
- Strong knowledge in the use of Autodesk Revit and complementary BIM authoring software
- Previous experience in providing support in the use of Revit platform applications
- The ability to provide BIM support services in a knowledgeable, patient and courteous manner
- Strong interest and aptitude for troubleshooting model performance issues. Strong communication skills including the ability to participate actively in meetings
- Strong ability to work well in team scenarios
- Experience and skills in authoring BIM application training collateral and teaching
- The ability to make presentations as part of client relations and training
Interested in joining us? Get started today by CLICKING THIS LINK.